Mong Há Fort, situated on Mong Há Hill at the northern end of Macao, is a newer fortress, built in anticipation of a Chinese invasion following the Anglo-Chinese War in 1841. It was completed in 1866 and was in active service until the 1960's, when it was abandoned. Today the area has been turned into a park with flowerbeds, grassy slopes and walkways surrounding the old fortress walls. It provides a quiet refuge for people living in the nearby neighborhoods, and good views of the north end of the city.
Address: Avenida do Coronel Mesquita, Macau
Opening hours: 24 hours
|Bus routes nearby:||5X, 17, 23, 25, 25B|