(Temple of Lotus)
Built in 1592 and most regularly restored, this Temple of the Lotus has a fine facade of intricate clay bas-relief carved in the 19th century depicting historical and mythological figures. Stone lions guard the entrance. Inside is a hall with a statue of Tin Hau on the altar, flanked by the guardian generals. Beyond is a courtyard decorated with a frieze of writhing dragons, a lotus filled pond and fine iron brazier. The main hall is dedicated to Kun Iam, whose statue occupies an elaborate altar. Aside altar has a shrine to Kwan Tai. The temple's ceiling is a particularly good example of the black beams and exposed white tiles construction. Lin Fong Temple is historically famous as the place where for centuries Chinese Mandarins from Guangdong Province would stay when they came to Macao. The most renowned visitor was Commissioner Lin Zexu, who spent most of September 3rd 1839 in Macao. He is honoured with a six-foot granite statue and a new museum in the temple courtyard.
Address: Avenida do Almirante Lacerda
Opening hours: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|Bus routes nearby:||1A, 8, 8A, 10, 27, 28B, 29, 34, N1B|