Founded in 1587 by three Spanish Dominican priests who originally came from Acapulco in Mexico, this church is also connected to the Brotherhood of Our Lady of the Rosary. It was here that the first Portuguese newspaper was published on Chinese soil, A Abelha da China ("The China Bee"), on 12th September 1822. The bell tower, at the back of the building, has been modified into a small Museum of Sacred Art, now exhibiting a collection of around 300 artifacts.
Address: St. Dominic's Square
Opening hours: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
|Bus routes nearby:||3, 3X, 4, 6A, 8A, 18A, 19, 26A, 33, 101X, N1A|