* Guia Fortress and Guia Chapel are temporarily closed until further notice due to Typhoon Hato
The fortress was built between 1622 and 1638. Inside the fortress stands Guia Chapel, originally established by Clarist nuns, who resided at the site before establishing the Convent of St. Clare. The chapel's elaborate frescoes depict representations of both western and Chinese themes, displaying motifs of religious and mythological inspiration that are a perfect example of Macao's multicultural dimension. Guia Lighthouse, dating from 1865, which also stands within the perimeter, is the first modern lighthouse on the Chinese coast. Guia Fortress, along with the chapel and lighthouse are symbols of Macao's maritime, military and missionary past.
Fortress: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Chapel: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (no photographs allowed)
Lighthouse: not open to the public
|Bus routes nearby:||2, 2A, 6A, 12, 17, 18, 18A, 19, 22, 23, 25, 25X, 32, 56|